The umbra latin for shadow is the innermost and darkest part of a shadow where the light source is completely blocked by the occluding body an observer in the umbra experiences a total eclipsethe umbra of a round body occluding a round light source forms a right circular cone to a viewer at the cones apex the two bodies are equal in apparent size. Umbra definition shade shadow see more plural umbras umbrae m br the darkest part of a shadow especially the cone shaped region of full shadow cast by earth the moon or another body during an eclipse. Umbra definition is a conical shadow excluding all light from a given source specifically the conical part of the shadow of a celestial body excluding all light from the primary source how to use umbra in a sentence did you know
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.